Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Killer Meatloaf!

I had a request for my killer meatloaf recipe so I thought I would post it here. It was SO good. I used to hate meatloaf and had to drown it in ketchup to cover the taste. But this one is SO good you don't even need to dip! Soraya loved it as well. We ate 3/4 of this thing last night!

1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped (used food processor)
1/2 a green pepper, finely chopped (used food processor)
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. tomato juice
1/4 c. spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp. mustard
1/2 c. rolled oats
1 egg

Mix all ingredients and put in a baking dish. Mix 1/4 cup ketchup and 1 teaspoon mustard and spread over top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

I am a big fan of homemade ketchup and mustard. More natural and less sugar. But since baby #2 I've been too lazy. So I used organic ketchup and mustard in this recipe.

I served it with brocolli and the coconut flour blueberry muffins I posted about last week.

I got the recipe from the most amazing cookbook that my in-laws gave me for Christmas! You can purchase it at: http://www.grassfedcooking.com/book/wholesomehomecooking.html

No comments:

Post a Comment