Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Retirement Papa Gene!!

Well, I've been told by a number of people that I've been blog slacking :) So I am trying to get back in the habit. We were out of town for a long weekend at the lake house so I have tons of pictures! I'm going to split them up into smaller posts though... The main reason for our trip was to celebrate Papa Gene's retirement from Honda! Today is his first full day of retirement...yipee Papa Gene! We, along with Chad's brother and his wife threw a little celebration for him so here are a few pictures from the event. Soraya was pretty wound up at the event...she is starting to shed her shyness around people she doesn't know. So she had a good time. Jack didn't nap too well that day, so he was a party pooper off and on...but all in all it was a good time. Papa Tom and Grandma Marj, left the party when it was bedtime for the kids so that Chad and I could stay longer and enjoy ourselves and assist in the clean-up. Also, a big congrats to Chad's cousin Laura and her husband Joe on their pregnancy! This was exciting news to me. Chad knew...but of course forgot to tell me :)












































1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog from the "Next Blog". Nice to meet you here from Ohio. My name is Karl and I come from California.
    So much I desire that I could retire now like your Papa Gene. I'm sure he will have some or lots of good memory about his lifelong accomplishments. If you have feedback for me, could you share a little of your good memories? I will reveal more of my good memories in form of posting more nice pictures in my blog.

    Sincerely, Karl

    ReplyDelete