Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Girl Fort




Well, Soraya has officially moved out of the crib. After a recent visit to Papa's Lake House, where she slept in a bunk bed with a railing, she moved in to her own bunk bed aka "fort." She has done wonderfully. I wanted to wait until she was old enough to have a discussion about staying in bed. She is such a great sleeper that I didn't want to loose those 11 hour nights and 3 hour naps! So, I just told her if she needs me to yell and I will come and check on her. When she wakes up and is ready to get up, yell and I will come get her. It's been a week no and the plan has worked like a dream! We haven't lost any sleep with the move, which is always a good thing :) So here are some pictures of her in her "fort." She has sooooo many toys in there its a wonder that there is any room left for her! Oh yeah, we have had one mishap. She fell out of bed at the foot of the bed as there is no railing there. She fell on some toys, one being a bucket of beads which was quite load at 1:30 in the morning. It startled me awake and the first the first thing I saw was Chad running out the door, man he is quick! She wasn't hurt but she was scared and didn't want to get back in, she said "Raya awake! Go downstairs!" But we showed her how we made a pillow baracade so tha it wouldn't happen again, got her some milk and sat on the potty and then she climbed in like a champ and went right back to sleep without a peep the rest of the night. She didn't even mention it in the morning, so I'm not even sure if she remembers it.

Oh, and one more funny story! The next night, I forgot to turn her fan on for background noise. So when Jack started crying for me to come and get him in the morning, as I walked by Soraya's room she was yelling, "Don't wake me up Bj! Don't wake me up!"
Too funny...






No comments:

Post a Comment